Sunday, September 13, 2009

Cheq Training, Cross building

Last Sunday I did 40 miles at the Kettles to prep for the midwest mountainbike world championships. Other than Gehling breaking a swingarm with about 8 to go, it was a good ride. I'm hoping Fosler will pull me through most of the open stuff next weekend, and maybe I can pace him through the singletrack. That would work well. My form isn't as bad as I'd thought, as I managed a solid attack at 2 miles to go and stayed away.

This week I've done a few 3-hour road rides at tempo, and Friday I did 30 miles at Jim's trail as a final long MTB ride before Chequamegon. This week I'll taper off a bit and get ready to go for it next Saturday. I'm aiming for sub 3-hours in my first Fat 40.

How bout them World Championships? The XC was kinda "meh," except for Willow Koerber's 3rd (which was metal as hell). The real action was in the gravity events. Peaty finally won and Graves was rewarded for his patience. Justice was served for each of them.

I'm building a cross bike with an XO-2 frame, Rival, and some Bonty Classics wheels. Once it's done I'm not buying any bike stuff again for a long time. Until I have to buy a stationary trainer.

No comments: